Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Dining Room Tables

The buffet arrived yesterday and is great.  Its worth at least $100 even though I only paid $50 for it.  It needs a thick layer of paint but is a perfect length and depth for the dining room.  The kitties loved exploring it yesterday too - must have had some interesting smells.  Its not quite as red as I thought it would be but is a brick tone thats a bit more subtle.  It will work until the weather gets good enough to take it outside for a thorough sanding.

With that piece of furniture introduced to the dining area, I was inspired to find some dining tables that might work in the space.  I would ideally like to seat 10 people with the leaves in and want to try a bit more of an eclectic look by incorporating chairs of different styles.  I was hoping to find some with an upholstered seat so I could unify them through a textile but we'll see how that goes.  Gotta get a table first. 


The tables I found are on the pricey side - for us - but I think its possible to find something similar on craigslist or at the auctions that I have just discovered in the area.  They will already be a little loved but they will also be a lot cheaper.



I tend to like the classic style and think the one with colored legs might work best with the eclectic look I am hoping to achieve.  I particularly like the little floral pattern on the legs that is reminiscent of the Victorian era.