Search This Blog

Monday, January 17, 2011

All the pieces...

Getting this house to be how we want it is obviously going to take some work but yesterday one of the most important pieces may have fallen into place.

No, it wasnt a deal on fabric for curtains (though if I buy my fabric from Calico Corners today at lunch I get an extra 5% off) or an ideal storage solution for the shoes we ditch at the front door (sorry Mom).  I found an historic tub on Craigslist for 50 bucks!!

I am talking about a 350 pound cast-iron, enamel coated beauty.  This one is 2.5 feet wide and 5 feet long and it will fit PERFECTLY in the master bathroom.  It even has the original brass feet!  Weeeeee!


The seller said that I was only the second person that showed interest and that he wasnt sure how much it was worth but other similar acrylic tubs at Lowes sell for over $1000.  I had done my own research and had figured that if I found an original for between 300 and 500, I would have myself a great deal.  Mainly it seems that this individual wants the tub gone after having it posted online for multiple months.  If the tub sits in the garage until we are financially ready for a bathroom remodel, at least that is one less piece of the puzzle to worry about!